Estate Planning Solicitors Aberdeen & Stonehaven
Why is estate planning important?
Estate planning involves more than just making a Will - as important as that is. It provides an opportunity to enhance the value of your estate and maximise the benefit of the inheritance for your beneficiaries. Estate Planning also allows you to identify any potential pitfalls there may be to your estate and maximise the benefit of wealth transfer.
Planning your estate can allow you the opportunity to take stock of what you actually own. Many people find it useful and learn a great deal about their assets through the estate planning process.
It is also an opportunity to look at what will happen if you lose capacity and who you would like to take charge of your affairs in that event. This means you can put in place other key estate planning documents such as a Power of Attorney.
Estate Planning is essential to ensuring that your wealth is protected for your family. One of the most important aspects of estate planning is to help give control and protection of assets such as your home and savings. Use of a Trust may help you achieve this.
Structuring assets in a tax efficient way means that everyone is provided for, as best as possible, in the future.
Every family is different and every estate unique. For example, you may have to plan how to provide for a disabled child. At James & George Collie, we understand this and will work to create a bespoke plan for you.
What can James & George Collie do for you?
One of the most important things we can do is plan our own future to ensure that we help protect the future of those we love after we are no longer able to do so. We will provide you with expert, professional and sensitive legal advice, helping you deal with a wide range of matters including:
- Wills-advising on, drafting and execution;
- Inheritance Tax Planning- ensuring your family receive as much benefit from your estate as possible;
- Trusts - setting up and administering trusts to manage money, property or investments for specific people or purposes;
- Wealth management- advising on investments and wealth-holding structures;
- Power of Attorney - setting out what would happen if you become mentally incapable of managing your own financial and welfare affairs.
- Estate Planning is not just about reducing tax. It is also about giving peace of mind for the future, knowing you will have enough after retirement and your loved ones will be supported.
Contact our Estate Planning Solicitors based in Aberdeen and Stonehaven today
Estate Planning can appear a daunting prospect, but help is at hand. As a full-service law firm, our Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning solicitors regularly work alongside colleagues in other departments, such as property and family law, to ensure that the service received by our clients is comprehensive and that all matters relating to their estate are dealt with. We are a traditional yet progressive law firm and take pride in offering legal advice that not only meets clients' expectations but exceeds them.