Liquor licensing is a specialised area of the law made even more so by the provisions of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 which has transformed the way the licensed trade must operate in Scotland.
At James & George Collie we can offer specialised advice on all matters connected with this specialised subject.
We are well placed to do so boasting the only two practitioners in the North East of Scotland accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as specialists in liquor licensing law. Tony Dawson, our Senior Partner, has over 35 years’ experience whilst Janet Hood, a Consultant to the firm, is one of the most highly regarded licensing lawyers in Scotland. Together, they deal with a large percentage of all liquor licensing applications in and around the Aberdeen area.
Expert advice is available on the following topics.
- Making application to the Licensing Boards and representing licensees at those meetings
- The obtaining of Personal Licences, Premises Licences and the transfer and varying of those licences
- The purchase and sale of licensed premises, including public houses, hotels, restaurants, nightclubs and off-sale premises
- Advice to the licensed trade and other members of the legal profession on all aspects
- Training to the licensed trade to ensure they comply with all the new rules and regulations
- Advice on the law relating to gaming, the lodging of late hours catering licences for hot food business with associated applications
Both lawyers, who hold seminars and conference talks, are also available to provide prompt, sound, practical and expert advice on licensing law.
Belmont Street, Aberdeen - location of many licensed premises
Specialised advice on all matters connected to liquor licensing